Medical Inspector General (MEDIG) Hotline Program
If you suspect:
- Reprisal (Military Whistleblower Protection)
- Improper referral for Mental Health evaluation
Then follow the Four-Step Hotline Complaint Procedure
Four-Step Hotline Complaint Procedure
- Step 1: Determine the best method to address your issue
- Step 2: Review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Who may use the Hotline?
- Anyone can file a hotline complaint.
- What issues should you report to the hotline?
- You should report any matter in Step 1 which includes those listed on the Navy IG website.
- Is there a time limit to file a complaint?
- You should submit your complaint within 90 days of the date the alleged wrongdoing occurred.
- How do you submit a hotline complaint?
- Submit complaints in person, by calling the hotline numbers, in writing, by fax, by email, or by using the online complaint form.
- Can I remain anonymous or request confidentiality?
- You may remain anonymous, but we will not be able to contact you for more information. You may request confidentiality. MEDIG will make every effort to prevent disclosures of your identity, but cannot guarantee confidentiality.
- Step 3: Prepare to submit your hotline complaint
- Gather the information and provide the following the CE&I/IG staff for your complaint.
- Who? Service member's/employee’s full name, rank/grade and duty station.
- What? Specific wrongdoing and why you believe the activity was misconduct to include the rule, regulation or law you think they violated.
- Where? Location where the wrongdoing occurred.
- When? Specific dates and times.
- How much? Estimated dollar loss.
- Why and How? Describe why and how you believe the individual perpetrated the offense.
- What have you done to try to resolve the issue?
- What do you want the CE&I/IG staff to do?
- REMEMBER, the more detailed information you provide, the better we can assist you.
- Step 4: Contact your Command IG Representative for assistance or to file your complaint
Attn: Command Inspector General
Reid Hall, Bldg 1001, Suite 124
4075 Dickman Road
Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234
Com. #: (210) 808-9999
DSN #: 420-9999
Fax #: (210) 808-9614
NAVY IG: ATTN NAVY HOTLINE
1254 Ninth Street, S.E. B 172
Washington Navy Yard, DC 20374-5006
Toll Free: 800-522-3451
Fax: (202) 433-2613
DOD Hotline, The Pentagon
Washington, DC 20301-1900
Toll Free: 800-424-9098
Comm: (202) 693-5080
Fax: (703) 604-8567
File reprisal complaints with the Department of the Defense Inspector General.
Military Members Whistleblower Protection
File complaints with one of the following: - Department of Defense IG -Toll Free # 1-800-424-9098, or the
- Naval Inspector General - Toll Free #1-800-522-3451
- Any Department of the Navy Inspector General
Navy Civilian Employees Whistleblower Protection
File complaints with the Office of Special Counsel - Toll Free #1-800- 872-9855
If you have any questions, or require assistance...
Please call your Command Inspector General Representative
LT Prender Alderson
+39 334 641 2445